Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The voidness in life

There are two parts to this upload.

I was hesitant to upload this one for a reason which not many people will understand or appreciate. Some thoughts which I mentioned here (during my City Market shoot) and in some shots later on (from City market shots itself), I decided not to to portray poverty, sadness through my work or at least make subjects of their condition. So I was hesitant in where should I draw a line between portraying something which highlights poverty (which I do not approve of) versus which use them as subjects but not highlight their conditions? We the 'haves' often do so, I believe.

This shot of the man, whom I found sitting on a pavement, turned out to be a cobbler - he had some tools with him, which he had kept down, when I clicked him. I did not want to take a facial shot of him, but just the hands (which I had posted earlier) and a pose which shows something missing in his life - a voidness, perhaps.

And that's the second part to it - the voidness or emptiness many people go through in their life. I wish the voidness ends soon for them.

I am open to debate/discussion on whether it crosses the line or not.
I might get back to the comments later in the day.

0 comments: